Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bedtime Stories and Babies!


For family night we took our kids to see Bedtime Stories with our neighbors the Hildebrands. The kids wore their pajamas since it was Bedtime stories. (kinda gross I know but they loved it!) It was so much fun even to two year olds had a blast. The funny story about the Hildebrands is Jill the mom and Jon are like second cousins. All of our kids are within months of the same age. The kids are dead set that they are cousins. It is really cute especially since our kids cousins are all tiny. Ryker and Spencer are just the best of friends but everyone at school knows them as cousins. You cannot tell them any different. We have finally let them be and they couldn't be happier. These are the coolest neighbors ever. The kind that is always there for you no matter what. We love them so much!!

I had an appointment yesterday with perinatology. I guess twins are considered high risk pregnancy so I will be seeing them regularly the rest of the time. I was really nervous to go. I used to be the person that believed stuff happens to other people not us. Ever since Kamryn got diagnosed I have turned into the person that thinks that anything can happen. I hate it. Anyways I was trying to prepare myself all week to be ready for not great news. I have heard the higher risk of birth defects and congenital abnormalities with twins so I have definitely had it on my mind. The appointment couldnt have gone better. They are both perfect (so far). They did an hour long ultrasound of them and looked at EVERYTHING they could. Yes they are still boys but at this point I am so happy they are healthy it is all good!!

4 comments:

  1. What a relief! I'm always nervous that something will be wrong whenever I have a big ultrasound....I'm sure it's double the nerves with twins. I am so hopeful that the remainder of the pregnancy and their birth will go just as smooth as this ultrasound did! I am always so fascinated by twins. It's so interesting to observe similar personality traits and how in other ways they are totally different. Don't you think it will be so exciting to find out just who these little boys are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!! I am glad everything is going well. The big ultrasound is nerve racking for me too! We loved bedtime stories it is a cute movie. I loved the pj's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pj's idea, that's so cute. I'm glad everything is going well with the twins. I can't wait to steal them from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo glad everything is looking good for your twins! I always dreaded those ultrasounds, always fearing the worst! I'm sure they will be darling, just like the rest of your kids! By the way, I've added you to my blogging friends list!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete