Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Miss January

Every year the Utah Diabetes Clinic does a calendar with 12 kids who have diabetes. The purpose of the calendar is to show that diabetes doesn't have to slow kids down. Each child is on a different month and it tells about what they do and also how they are doing managing their diabetes. Kamryn was obviously selected this year as Miss January. I know it is hard to read what it says so I will tell ya...........

"Kamryn loves learning to read in kindergarten. She has a dog, a cat, and a hamster, and in her free time enjoys dancing, tumbling and playing with friends. Kamryn has an older and younger brother. She is proud that she has started doing her own finger pokes and is learning how to do insulin shots. Keep doing a great job at managing your diabetes, Kamryn!"

Needless to say our calendar will stay on January all year. We are so proud of how well she is managing her diabetes even though it has made her grow up a little more than she probably wanted to. We are hoping to get her an insulin pump within the next month or two so she will not have to have all of these shots. It has been a year since she has been diagnosed and it has been a roller coaster ride. It is really just part of our lives now and we just go on as normal (as much as we can!)

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Kamryn! That is so cute....they picked the right girl! My Dad who has type two sometimes likes to check my blood sugar and I get scared of the finger poke and definately can't do it myself! Kamryn is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Dang cute I love it! It seams like yesterday that you guys got the news how time flys can't wait to see you all. Way to go Kamers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing .... I just cried reading this post and I'm NOT preganant :) You and Kamryn are both strong and very brave. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Traci, I was so excited to you see that you guys had a blog. But I was blown away by the fact you are having twins. That is so exciting. When I saw you at christmas I had know idea. It looks like you guys are doing really good. I am glad I will be able to keep in touch with your cute family a little better now. Talk to you soon
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete