Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vaseline and Marley

Last year Tarek got into a bottle of vaseline that was in our bathroom. For some reason he smeared nearly the whole bottle in his hair. We quickly learned the more you try to wash it out, the more it just smears in the hair. It is impossible to get out. We were desperate because he was just a big grease ball. Thank goodness for google. Believe it or not if you google "vaseline removal from hair" you really get good results. We learned that if you put LOTS of cornstarch in the hair with the vaseline and let it absorb it, it does come out. This takes a couple of washings and applications of cornstarch. The hair is still greasy for about a week but MUCH better. The reason I am writing this is because Tarek found the vaseline 2 times since then and put it in his hair (I thought we hid it well). I posted this because I caught him this week sneaking in his room with it behind his back. I have no idea what his fascination is with this but it is HORRIBLE stuff. This is to all who have kids that do random crazy stuff. (Which is everyone!) Also we went and saw "Marley and Me" yesterday which was the biggest mistake EVER. It was really a great show (thanks Connie for getting us together!) But for some reason I cry about everything lately (pregnancy ugh) this show had me bawling! I started to laugh because I couldnt quit crying and it sounded like I was crying out loud. Luckily I was holding my cute nephew Rylan so I just left. I didnt even watch the end. I loved the show they just made the end SO SAD even though you knew it was coming. Just dont go emotional or prego!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Tarek is so funny! Austin got into it once too but luckily he just smeared it all over his skin so it wasn't too bad! Well, my little Jerrett....he just recently pole-vaulted into his terrible two's! He is very intrigued with the toliet and we have to make sure he doesn't have access to it or we find our shoes, gloves, or just about anything he can find inside of the toliet. We also have to hide the salt and pepper. He loves to salt and pepper the table, the couch, the BABY, himself, the floor.....whatever! I know what you mean about Tarek being able to find the vaseline....Jerrett has like Salt and Pepper Radar! To top it all off, he thinks he is the king of the world right now and is kinda a handful!

    I'm so excited! I hope "Grady" is in the running for your baby names....that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tare Bear you are crazy I will have to remember to hide the vaseline when you come over silly boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO FUNNY and I love that picture. I'm wanting to see that movie now. I love to fall apart during a good flick ..... it makes you eat less popcorn!

    ReplyDelete